Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sharing

The whole sharing/trading/giving away thing has been happening quite smoothly.

Recently, a student gave me two huge bags of clothes. Another friend gave me two beautiful blouses. Another friend gave me a gorgeous velvet top. Another a book. And another, another book.

Some of these people know about The Compact, some do not.

A couple of us have decided to do a wardrobe swap instead of a Goodwill drop off. One student asked if she could post some flyers at the studio for a project she's doing in exchange for clothing.

It reminds me that the circle/cycle is wide and in constant flow. I've been thinning again, realizing how much I have that I don't wear/use/need. Even though I haven't acquired much, I still have excess.

It also reminds me of a statement I heard once from Wayne Dyer. He talked about how we often give away our old, used, unneeded stuff after we don't want it anymore. Yet real generosity comes when you give away the thing that is most prized and loved.

This comes to mind when someone compliments a favorite purse or outfit. Perhaps one day I will offer it right off my back.

For now, I will put things back into the flow... when I'm done with them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home