Monday, February 16, 2009

In my dreams

Apparently this dreaming about shopping thing is just beginning.

Now I'm to the point where I'm just pissed off in the dream, ready to whip out my credit card in complete rebellion of The Compact.

Though... I have yet to process a transaction, so I'm still in the game.

In real time, two notables.

I don't go into Fringe anymore (why would you join AA and then go to a bar?).  She has too much cute stuff!  

And now they're carrying this more affordable line of shirts (remember what Annie Leonard says in the amazing short documentary Story of Stuff -- someone is paying for that, it's just not you).

Did I say that I haven't been in there??

So Ron was in there and I had to go in (to be friendly).  I didn't go any further than the jewelry counter (I didn't need to).

She had this super cool Buddha ring (is it bad to covet Buddha?).  

She saw me looking at it and pulled it out of the case before I could run away.  I said, "It's not used, is it?"  Like, in the "eeew" way.

And she said, "Actually, it is!"

And I clapped.

And Ron said, "Oh, Shelly got herself a new ring!"

I do love it, it was affordable, and it is "used."

Second item.  In talking about the second item I am admitting that I made some stock up purchases prior to Jan 1.  Let's call them preparation purchases.

I ordered a couple of shirts (actually, I don't remember what I ordered, which speaks to how much I loved/needed it), and apparently they were delivered to the post office and then never picked up. 

I don't like going to the post office.  I don't like going to the gas station, either.

So the post office sent them back.  The girl emailed me last week and relayed the situation.  On top of now receiving something (new) after the first of the year, I owe extra shipping.

Shit.

It didn't seem like canceling the order was an option, so I told her I'd pay it.  I didn't ask if it was an option.  Shit.  Maybe I should ask.

But I "ordered" it before the 1st.  Shit!

I'm trying to remember what it was.  Maybe I really need it!

On top of the 'receiving something new' dilemma, the impact of reshipping it is not very Compact-esque.  What with the environment and all.

Will report back.  I just can't make the call right now.  It's too much pressure.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home